Pages

Saturday 29 July 2017

Braid Table Runner


I needed a break from my spinner blocks, and decided to play a bit with my mini Hex 'n More ruler. The pieces for the braid is cut from 1.5" strips from my scrap box. The inner border is a 1" strip, and the outer border is 2.5" wide.

I had myself convinced that I would only need two strips wof for the binding - my mistake! I ended up with a gap of about 2" and had to attach a small piece in between. But I don't think anyone will notice the extra seam



The table runner was started on July 28th and finished on the 29th. The finished runner measures 11"x33", a good size for my kitchen table.

The quilting on it is inspired by this tutorial video by Angela Walters



I still have heaps of practice to do to get my flowers even in shape and spacing, but I'm pleased with the over all look of the runner. 




Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

No comments: