Pages

Sunday 27 August 2017

Scrappy Stitching

Been in the mood to play with some happy colours since coming back from vacation. So I pulled a bunch of clear colored scraps, FQs and other bits from my stash and started cutting on Friday afternoon. Loads of flying geese and four patches have come together this weekend.

Back in 2010 I made the small version of Plan C from Carrie Nelsons book Shnibbles Times Two, and ever since I have been itching to make a large one as well. Today I have layed out the pieces, and it's ready to be put together:


The pattern calls for a piano key border... I have cut up most of my leftovers into 2.5" strips and pieces, and I'll see how far they will take me... and how much patience I have stitching small strips together ;-)

Linking up with Cynthia and all the stitchers over at the Oh, Scrap! party

http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.no/2017/08/oh-scrap-sashing.html

Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

So pretty & a great way to use scraps & stash fabrics. Hugs, xx

chrisknits said...

Very stunning, great job pulling your fabrics together. Good luck on the border!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is fun! I love how two simple blocks can come together to make such a great design!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That looks AWESOME!! You did a great job with the color distribution. Nothing better than a well-executed scrap quilt!!

Karen's Korner said...

Another gorgeous scrappy being created.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

The piano key border is going to look great with those lovely star blocks. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!