Pages

Monday 14 April 2014

Park Bench - Block 3: Hopscotch...again.. and again!

Seeing the blocks for my Park Bench quilt coming together I have become less and less happy with how my Hopscotch blocks turned out. Remember my previous ones? The contrast isn't all that good, and the stripe fabric makes the blocks look messy. For my second attempt I included a pale pink polkadot and scrappy reds. While these blocks have a cleaner look, the star points are lost and it kind of look like some sort of hexie flower. AND that pink really clashes with all the other fabrics I have used. It didn't look too bad when I auditioned the fabric, but once I put these next to the other blocks it looks flat and out of place


Soooo... I decided to do a third version... And this one I'm quite happy with. However Hopscotch will probably never be my favorite block :-)



Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your fabrics are gorgeous and your sewing is perfect. It this a BOM or can you buy just the pattern?