Pages

Monday 17 October 2011

Mill Girls - the beginning

Friday was the first day of the Mill Girls Quilt-Along on the SBS-and-other-Elm-Creek-Quilts yahoo group. Assignment for this week is 1) to pick the fabrics you'd like to use (I have chosen a layer cake of Buttercup by FigTree and a white-on-white background), 2) cut the pieces for all the blocks, and 3) if you have the time piece the first 30 hourglass units. I was very tempted to see how the blocks would look, so I pieced together three:



Pretty happy with them :-) And it was so great to find some time to spend with Bernie, too!
Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

11 comments:

Mary said...

Very Pretty. I love the pastels you chose! I can't make this one right now, I need to spend my sewing time making Christmas projects. I want to spend time with Bernie, too. I am thinking that is your Bernina, right?

Annelies said...

I love them ! The colours remind me of spring.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

lovely blocks...so soft and easy to look at

paulette said...

GORGEOUS...Fantastic choice and love the blocks!!
P

Doniene said...

As always, lovely! Sweet fabrics! So soothing! Looking forward to the finish!! It is nice to spend time sewing - glad you were able.

Blessings

Lise in Norway said...

Spennende Anne-Ida Hva med en sydag sammen snart Savner det Klemz

Anonymous said...

Lovely blocks, Anne Ida! Such soft and fresh colors, I love the fabrics of Joanna Figueroa.
I am looking forward to your next blocks!
Digna
The Netherlands

InGa said...

Fine duse farger du har valgt.
Jeg var på jakt etter Elm Creek böker i San Franciso for 2 uker siden, uten särlig hell. Så jeg får fölge på avstand enn så lenge.
Lykke til med de andre blokkene.

Sigrun said...

Blokkene dine blir kjempefine.

Sandra's Scribbles said...

I love the fabric you've chosen. I look forward to following your progress

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Nydelige blokker, Anne Ida. Gleder meg til å se din quilt ferdig. Den kommer til å bli så flott!