Pages

Sunday 19 December 2010

It's snowing

Yes, it's snowing outside, and it's a definite snow-theme inside as well. Listening to cross-country skiing race on telly, quilting my Snowman quilt...


...and humming this song:


In my book this is the ultimate winter song! I absolutely LOVE it! And for those who don't understand the lyrics, here's my (slightly clumsy) translation:

I'ts snowing heavenly correction fluid
Over mis-spelled summer
Listen, the sounds of the city dissappears
Under the falling floods
We have heard no snow flakes are the same
And such wonders one can think of for a moment
I lean my head back
And get an ice kiss on my mouth
And get an ice kiss

It's snowing silent star sisters
From invisible mouths
And dizzy from the attac from soundless seconds
Today, Earth is sieged by a heavenly army
Without weapons the whole city is brought to it's knees
Everything goes slower here on Earth
When all the sky falls down
When all the sky falls down

Thanks for the useless snow
A bother and a burden
Earth is sieged by a heavenly army
Without weapons the whole city is brought to it's knees
Everything goes slower here on Earth
When
all
the sky falls down
When
all
the sky falls down

Enjoy your Sunday!
Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

9 comments:

LeKaQuilt said...

Åååå så flott quiltingen din blir. Snømann teppet ditt er så absolutt en av mine favoritter :o) Lekker!!
Ønsker deg en fin fin 4 advent søndag med tv, musikk og quilting....høres ut som en perfekt dag :o) Klem

Annelies said...

In The Netherlands we also have lots of snow. A beautiful song, but thank you for the translation, because otherwise I wouldn't have understood it.
I love your snowmanquilt.

Satu said...

Beautiful song! I have also spent my fourth advent inside... sewing, cleaning, listening julmusik and all kind of wintersport from tv... because outside there is windy and snowflakes are falling down. Jag vill önska till dig varm och innerlig Julen!

Linda said...

Thanks so much for sharing the song! It's perfect. Your quilt is so beautiful with all the stitchery. I love the all the blues you chose. So pretty!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Why has it been so long since I've visited? I was flipping through the blogs today and thought, "Where's Anne's posts at?" Well guess what? When I switched from Bloglines to Google Reader I somehow forgot to add you in! Look at all I've missed! Looks like you've been quilting up a storm and your projects are as gorgeous as ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful song - AND quilt !
THANKS, dear Anne-Ida ;>)
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

shelley said...

Your quilting pattern is exactly what your snowman quilt needed! It's beautiful! Enjoy Anne Ida! Hugs.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Quilten din blir bare så nydelig!
Ønsker deg en flott ny uke, og gleder meg til å se teppet ditt ferdig :o)
Laila

Britt Helen said...

Snartur innom for å ønske deg ei god jul og et godt nytt (sy)år :)