Pages

Monday 19 July 2010

Dresses, shirts and scraps

My Aunt has cleared out some cupboards, and she sent a couple of huge cardboard boxes with cotton dresses, shirts and scraps home with me, asking if I could make a quilt for their bed. Over the last days I have washed, cut, pressed and sewed. There's still lots to sort through (not everything is salvagable) and a lot more sewing to do, but something is starting to take form. This is what's currently on my desk next to Bernie:



A small test layout:



Recognize it? I have followed Bonnie Hunter's pattern for the "Smokey Mountain Stars" quilt, but I need to enlarge it to fit a queen size bed - think a grid of 9x10 stars pluss borders should do the trick...

Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

2 comments:

Sølvis blog said...

Kjente den igjen ja - Bonnie er ett funn for oss scrap-quilt-lovers. Dette blir spennende å følge framover

Anne Heidi said...

Så spennende det blir å se dette teppet ta form! Kos deg!