Pages

Thursday 1 February 2007

Camera working

Just a quick stop at the computer, letting anyone who have found my blog know I have got my camera working. I'm posting a picture of the star-barn-raising quilt (still no binding though). I pieced the top at a class at the LQS (dere norske der ute kjenner sikkert til Lappemakeriet på Bærums Verk!). The class was taught by Norwegian quilter Helle Løvenskiold, and it was really enjoyable and fun. She was teaching the crazy tecnique developed by the ladies at Buggy Barn - I'd really like to have another go at the tecnique some time:-)




I must admit I have not done the beautiful quilting myself! The quilt is rather large (about a queen size bed) and my shoulders would not survive the weight - at least not at the sewing machine. But thanks to Anne Marit at Gla'Lappen here in Oslo, it will be finnished as soon as I stich that binding on.... Hopefully I'll post a picture of the finnished quilt some time soon!

And I hope I'll have some examples of my siggie blocks to show some time during this week end:-)

15 comments:

dot said...

Thank-you for your very nice comment on my blog. This is a beautiful quilt. I look forward to checking in on your blog regularly.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This quilt is so pretty, I just love the scrappy-look quilts and anything with stars! Good job!

Shelina said...

Anne, this is such a pretty quilt. I really like the colors - I think in 2004, all of the quilts I started used these fall like colors. I saved that star pattern somewhere, because I want to make something like that, but I'm not sure where I put it, and I have so many UFOs to complete!

Diana said...

Anne, I love those scrappy stars on your quilt. Welcome to blogging!

SuBee said...

Hello, Anne - I'm so glad you found your camera - what a beautiful quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Cynthia said...

thought i would stop by and say hello. I love your quilt. Welcome to Blogland.

MARCIE said...

Welcome to Blogland! I am signed up for the Siggie Swap also. That's where I found your blog address. I love your Buggy Barn quilt! This will be fun!

meggie said...

Hi Anne, here from Cynthia's. I just love that quilt, love the colours & stars!
Welcome to Blogland, & good luck with all your work- UFO"S WIP"s & the Siggies.

Bea said...

Just say hello as a siggy-swapper. Welcome to blogland. Very beautiful stars!

Anne Heidi said...

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. I love your star quilt! Good luck on your siggys, I'll be sewing a few more today. Can't wait to see yours.

Unknown said...

Well that is a nice first picture. I am looking foward seeing more of your work!

May Britt said...

I love the buggy barn patterns. Have now the one with hearts I will try to make.....soon

Jenni said...

Looks fantastic. Colours and stars and setting are all great.

Patti said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Sølvis blog said...

Hei - jeg sitter å blar i gamel blogg-siden, og fant en nydelig stjernequilt hos deg. Den kan du være stolt av