Making a bit more progress on my cream and blue stars table topper. I got the edge attached as my Friday Night with friends, and got it layered. The quilting was started yesterday
This project has been a bit slower to stitch than I had thought, but I'm enjoying every stitch of the way. About 1/3 of the cream section has been quilted. I haven't made up my mind if I'm going to do anything in the blues. Perhaps I'll get to the binding tonight...
Back in January I started playing with some small blue and cream six pointed stars that were to go together into a little table topper
Things happened and it got put to the side, but for Friday Night sewing
with friends this month I have pulled it back out to sew tonight, and hope to finish it
this weekend. So far I have gotten the final couple of small
stars attached, have added the setting triangles, and prepped the final diamonds and started adding them to the
Not quite made up my mind how I'm going to quilt it, but I won't attempt anything fancy.
Gonna make myself a cup of tea and go blog hopping to all the other friends who participated in this virtual quilting bee
Thank you for hosting it Cheryll (even if you were away - hope you had a great time in Melbourne!).
I needed a break from my spinner blocks, and decided to play a bit with my mini Hex 'n More ruler. The pieces for the braid is cut from 1.5" strips from my scrap box. The inner border is a 1" strip, and the outer border is 2.5" wide.
I had myself convinced that I would only need two strips wof for the binding - my mistake! I ended up with a gap of about 2" and had to attach a small piece in between. But I don't think anyone will notice the extra seam
The table runner was started on July 28th and finished on the 29th. The finished runner measures 11"x33", a good size for my kitchen table.
The quilting on it is inspired by this tutorial video by Angela Walters
I still have heaps of practice to do to get my flowers even in shape and spacing, but I'm pleased with the over all look of the runner.